One Day. A Day In Richmond + Petersham Nursery

Last Saturday I took a trip to one of my favourite areas of London – the picturesque Richmond Upon Thames. This little corner of the city by the water has long been a favourite of mine since I first went for a job interview there on my second day in the UK.


For those who haven’t been to Richmond, let me paint the picture for you. It’s like a quaint village, home to yummy mummy’s who push strollers by the river, young couples with adorable dogs and a rather prominent rowing community. Not to mention it has a great many parks (one of which has live deer!) and a range of waterfront pubs perfect for sunset drinks.


Just past the centre of town you’ll find Petersham Nursery. I’d heard the whisper go round about this place not long after I moved here and I’d been wanting to go ever since. Saturday was the day – along with my friend and her mum (who’s visiting from Australia), we set off with grumbling tummies, ready for a lunch among the flowers.



Leather Jacket by River Island £100, Knit by River Island (sold out), Jeans by Billabong £50, Bag by Bershka £20




Off the main road up a little alley and past some cow paddocks you’ll find the entrance. The nursery of flowers blooms around the border whilst the restaurant and café are housed in the centre in rustic-chic barns. I had quiche, salad and a sparkling elderflower (so British!), made extra nice by the fact that I was sitting in a greenhouse.



After lunch we took a stroll around the gardens and found ourselves in a delightful little home wares store, where I could have easily purchased half the shop (provided I had a very generous wage).


Then we headed for the town centre, walking along by the river before stopping for an ice-cream.


On the way, we lay down in a field of daisies and danced amongst the fallen petals of the cherry blossoms.



A cheerful fellow had his boat moored just as we strolled past and we were right on time for the 5.15pm trip – why not!? A short trip down to Teddington finished a wonderful day in this beautiful spot. If you haven’t already been to Richmond, I highly recommend you make it your next weekend trip.

Photos by Krissie.

Petersham Nurseries Cafe on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Style It. Birds Of A Feather

Suitcase. Party In The USA - Vegas

Suitcase. Tegernsee, Germany - Travel Guide