Eat Me. Duck & Waffle, London

Sunday morning and we were headed for brunch. But not just any brunch, mind you. A sky-high brunch at Duck & Waffle.

duck and waffle, bishopsgate, london, brunch

I’ve been meaning to visit this well-known establishment since I moved to London 19-months ago. Talk about a long time coming, and now that I’ve had my first taste, I can’t believe it took so long because I tell you, it’s damn good.

Tucked away up on the 40th floor of Bishopsgate, Duck & Waffle gives you a true glimpse of London’s sprawl. It’s rare that I’m up this high so it’s an incredible reminder of just how large this city is.

duck and waffle, bishopsgate, london, brunch

We pulled up our chairs by the window and ordered a round of mimosas – a Sunday brunch essential, obviously. Then set about deciding on the menu…

duck and waffle, bishopsgate, london, brunch, cocktail, mimosa

duck and waffle, bishopsgate, london, brunch, duck and waffle menu, menu

Since I hadn’t been before I, of course, had to order the signature dish, or as my waiter called it “their baby” – the duck and waffle.

Not usually one to mix sweet with savoury I was a little apprehensive but I needn’t have been. The dish comes with a waffle, an egg, a delightfully crispy roasted piece of duck and a mustard-inflused pot of maple syrup. Mix it altogether and… yum! It’s honestly so good.

duck and waffle, bishopsgate, london, brunch

Of course we had to go back for dessert so we polished off their banana waffles. Also, SO GOOD. The bananas have a crispy sugar coating, there’s vanilla ice-cream and even some homemade nutella hiding underneath.

duck and waffle, bishopsgate, london, brunch

Honestly, if you haven’t paid a visit already, make sure you do. It’s open 24hrs so you’ve got no excuse. Book here.

Where: Heron Tower, 110 Bishopsgate, London EC2N 4AY
Phone: 020 3640 7310
Bookings: Essential and well in advance

Duck & Waffle Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Share your comments with me on InstagramFacebook or Twitter.

Photos by Krissie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suitcase. Party In The USA - Vegas

Suitcase. Neuschwanstein, Germany - Travel Guide

Style It. The colours of SS15