Suitcase. Runnymede On Thames, Surrey

Friday afternoon and it was time to escape the city, fleeing the overcrowded stations and cranky commuters we were heading for a weekend of luxury at the Runneymede On Thames in Surrey.

Jacket (similar and a total steal) / Boots 

Arriving *whoosh* we were hit with crisp, fresh country air. Such a pleasant change from London’s hustle-and-bustle. I immediately felt on Surrey time.


History buffs will love the fact this spa hotel lies just down the road from an ancient battleground and the spot where the famous Magna Carta was signed. Interesting, right?!


After a whip around the property and a cheeky dip in the spa and sauna it was time for supper at the Lock Kitchen. Three courses awaited us which we gobbled with much enthusiasm as we sipped wine and shared stories from our week.


You can’t beat the scallops for entrĂ©e. Every time I eat these beautiful sea-beings I think of the crabs in Finding Nemo eating the air bubbles saying “sweet nectar of god!”. I couldn’t agree more…


Next we had the lamb shank with cous cous and the sea bream ratatouille. The lamb was delightfully tender and the fish extremely fresh.



Then, my favourite: dessert of course. A little Eaton mess and then a very, very delicious treacle pudding. Can you tell I love my custard?




We retired to our room, made a cuppa’ then fell into bed, drifting instantly into a deep slumber in what could possibly be the comfiest bed I’ve slept in…


Morning came and I think it’s safe to say I’ve woken up to worse views. Such tranquillity…


We rolled out of bed with grumbling tummies and set off towards the scent of cooking where we were let loose on the buffet. The breakfast options are never ending here. Think of any breakfast food – yep they have it.


After breakfast we sat in the lounge and devoured the day’s news. When else is there such time for these guilty pleasures? Certainly not in London…


By then the sun was trying to shine so we set off outside for a stroll by the River Thames, through the woods and round the gardens.





When the chill got the better of us we headed to the tranquil studio for a yoga class - I was certainly very out of practice but I aced my omm-ing...


Then I set my sights on the spa where I was massaged and smoothed to within an inch of my life. I left feeling as relaxed as a molten pool of butter, heading for the spa deck for a hot cup of ginger tea.


I tell you it’s a tough life here at Runnymede but I think I could get used to it… Book your spa break here and tell them I sent you. It’s the perfect way to brighten a grey winter and switch off from life’s responsibilities. I guarantee you won’t regret it…


Share your comments with me on InstagramFacebook or Twitter.

Photos by @CuriousSophia - she's quite the travel bug too, follow her amazing adventures on Instagram.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suitcase. Neuschwanstein, Germany - Travel Guide

Suitcase. Party In The USA - Vegas

Style It. Birds Of A Feather