One Day. Merry Christmas 2014

Can you believe it? It’s Christmas time again – I swear I was only frolicking on the beach in the south of France last week but that was in July; Five. Months. Ago. I must say I feel very privileged to have experienced my first winter Christmas season here in London this year. A cold climate at this time of year truly does make a magical transformation. I’ve never felt so much festive cheer thanks to a city that is brimming with lights, full of decorative trees and abounding with festive spirit. My only sadness is that there hasn’t been any snow – but I am hopeful that it will still come at some point!


I want to say a big Merry Christmas to all you beautiful people – from whichever corner of the globe you find yourself reading. I hope that you have a magical day with those you hold nearest and dearest. I find myself writing to you from a location that is truly befitting of my first English Christmas – honestly I could be in a novel right now! I’m in a tiny country town that is home to about 500 people, staying in a little stone cottage that surely must date back at least 400 years, listening to crackling fire with a soul-warming glass of red in hand. I had the most perfect day with some family friends who made it seem as though home wasn’t so far away. To make it even better I shared my festive cheer with a little one year old cherub who's rapture and awe for twinkling lights and happy smiles reminded me to appreciate the little things in life and never take anything for granted.

Merry Christmas to all for it truly is the most wonderful time of the year.

Photo by Krissie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suitcase. Party In The USA - Vegas

Suitcase. Neuschwanstein, Germany - Travel Guide

Style It. Birds Of A Feather