One Day. A Spicy Evening At Kew Gardens

I really do love a good garden. Not to be confused with loving to garden [verb] because any plant I’ve ever owned I’ve accidentally killed – most likely through overwatering. What can I say, I care too much…

Someone else’s garden, however, gives me absolute pleasure.


Wandering through London’s botanic Kew Gardens was no exception. What a spectacular place. I paid a visit last Wednesday evening to see what Kew Garden’s Spicy Lates were all about. Over the next few weeks you can attend the gardens from 6.30pm on Wednesdays to take in the surroundings on an early summer’s evening. I must say, it’s a beautiful time of day to visit because the sun casts a golden glow across the whole place. Quite magical.



The Kew Gardens are quite extensive and the scenery here is spectacular. From lakes with baby swans…


To elegant estates…









Dress / Bag (other colours available) / Jewellery

Aisles and aisles of greenery (which I had a great time skipping up and down)…


Roses the size of my head… Ok, slight over exaggeration but they were beautiful...


And even a magical green house…



I think this was my favourite. It was like stepping into another land or something out of a story book. It was so hot and steamy inside I thought I had been transported back to tropical north Queensland in Australia. It’s amazing what plants can do.


Plus, in keeping with the evening's theme, there was a whole area with racks and racks of spices. Being the cook that I am I loved looking through them all…


Particularly the section where people had left their tips and recipes for each variety…


When you’re all wandered-out, you can kick back and relax with a cocktail or two, or grab a bite to eat at one of the food vendors.



You can even get your own marshmallows to roast over a fire pit. How heavenly.



Then, as the light faded around 9pm we dragged our weary legs back to the station. I can’t wait to come back again for a sunny summer Sunday picnic. Who’s in?


Photos by Krissie and thanks to Em for helping.

NB: I was a guest of Kew Gardens for the evening, thank you for having me.

I'm currently enjoying a weekend in Barcelona so don't forget to follow me on Instagram to join in the fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suitcase. Neuschwanstein, Germany - Travel Guide

Suitcase. Party In The USA - Vegas

Style It. Birds Of A Feather