Plate Up. Spaghetti Bolognaise

I feel I have committed a cardinal sin. But I only just realised this week. I have never shared my spaghetti bolognaise recipe with you! My recipe is very simple but I guarantee it’s good.

In three years how this escaped a post I’ll never know because it’s probably my favourite meal to cook. But not to worry. All is right with the world again because here it is…


What you’ll need
200g spaghetti
500g beef mince
1 brown onion, finely diced
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tin crushed tomatoes
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon tomato paste
¾ cup red wine
2 tablespoons brown sugar
Handful basil leaves, chopped

What to do
Heat a large fry pan and brown off your mince. No need to add any extra oil as there is plenty of fat in the meat. Once it is well browned and broken up add the onion, paprika, chilli and garlic. Then add in the crushed tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, red wine and brown sugar. Stir well and season with salt and pepper then leave to simmer until reduced (approx. 30-40mins).

In a large saucepan boil the water and cook your spaghetti. Drain.

At the last moment toss your basil leaves into the sauce and stir together. Dish it up and serve with some grated parmesan if you so fancy.


Photos by Krissie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suitcase. Neuschwanstein, Germany - Travel Guide

One Day. Bloggers Hub Autumn Event

Suitcase. Party In The USA - Vegas